Kellie's Bead Boutique

Kellie's Bead Boutique
Bead Inspired with Kellie's Bead Boutique

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year - more posts?


I made a vow last year to try and write more but I think I was a bit delusional! Starting up a bead store is a daunting task and it was all consumming for me. I think I've finally found my groove so I'm hoping that this will be the start of more posts......don't hold me to it though!!

My hubby and I decided to take a bit of a break over the Christmas holidays and we headed south to California to visit my Father. On our return trip home I asked my husband to indulge me and let me see as many bead stores along the way that I could. I found some very nice stores in towns that were so small they only had one gas station - who would have thought they'd have a bead store!! I found some rather disorganized and cluttered stores but mostly I found pleasant owners, cheery staff and loads and loads of cool beads! I popped by two stores where I know the owners. Carole from String Bead in Chico, California and Dusti from Beads at Dusti Creek in Portland, Oregan. Both these ladies have done a fabulous job with their stores. Carole has a workshop that made me green with envy and Dusti has used every bit of space to it's full potential - an organizers dream! It gave me some great ideas on how to improve my store and the first thing I did yesterday was rearrange my chain. Thanks Carole for the great idea. Lots more to come, now if I can only find time to do everything I want!

1 comment:

  1. Visiting similar businesses is a wonderful way to move your business forward. I find that subscribing to as craft store newsletters is another great way to keep me current and focused. Keep up with the blogging!

    ReplyDelete