Kellie's Bead Boutique

Kellie's Bead Boutique
Bead Inspired with Kellie's Bead Boutique

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Inspiration

I guess walking in to a bead store can be a bit overwhelming. I see the glazed over looks on my customers faces all the time. I easily come up with pieces to make but then again I have an entire store at my disposal. My customers really enjoy it when I make up samples that they can use for inspiration or to out right copy - it's ok, really it is! One thing I'm trying to show is how easy it is to come up with pieces with what I've got on hand. Every month I will be taking a copy of a bead magazine or a fashion magazine, finding a cool piece in it and trying to come up with a similar version with what I've got in the store. This month you'll find these cool earrings.  I found this picture of a pair of beautiful earrings from a recent US magazine.  Nice if you have an extra $525 kicking around!  I did my own take on them and I think they look pretty good!  I used Tierra cast frames, glued in some Swarovski crystal rivoli's in Crystal Golden Shadow and added a pair of earwires.  The best part it that they cost less than $20 to make! Use this as inspiration for your own piece or just to spark a bit of imagination. Have fun and bead inspired!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely earrings - I like yours better than the magazine ones - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane! They look even better in real life! I've had loads of customers put their own spin on them and they all look great.

    ReplyDelete