Kellie's Bead Boutique

Kellie's Bead Boutique
Bead Inspired with Kellie's Bead Boutique

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I am still here!

From now on when someone asks me what I want for my birthday, Christmas etc. I am going to say "a clone of myself"!!  I've always been a hard worker and thrive on having deadlines to meet, but owning a store has pushed me to my limits in every way possible!  Pretty much every day that goes by I think to myself "I should update my blog".  Somehow that just never seems to happen.  I am hopeful that things will improve as I now having a staff member working 7 days a week - wahoo!!  I was told when I first opened that I shouldn't hire staff for at least 2 years due to the financial burden on a small business.  Well, to heck with that!  I love my staff!  They are awesome in every way imaginable and I don't know what I'd do without them.  From pitching in when I'm out of town, to reorganizing my store to coming up with new designs for both classes and inspiration.  Kelly, Lisa and Kathy are a huge part of why I'm smiling again!  I have to admit that I was burning out with 14 hour days, 7 days a week, and now I can breathe a bit.  I have had time to take pictures again, to come up with some fun stuff for classes and to just take a moment to get my creative juices flowing.

 I had a bit of time today and made myself this fabulous version of my new "Not Your Granny's Crochet" necklace class.  I used the great new Para wire color "Titanium" with a few colors of Czech glass and a stunning Swarovski Crystal pear in Crystal Night. How about that for gorgeous colors?!  I was hoping for a bit better picture but with the beautiful day we are having the shade is hiding from me.  I hope you still hang around to read my blog.  I'm hoping to be here a bit more often now. 


1 comment:

  1. Kellie! Love, love, love the necklace you made! I have been using this technique for a while and love the results... I keep braiding more strands to bulk up the look.... Have used the aqua wire with copper and it is really an amazing combination as would be the new blue you got from para... see you soon! Big hugs! Faye

    ReplyDelete